Chains of Harrow: Update 21.4.0
The sea has a revamped fear creeping in the depth, and his name is Hydroid.
With Hydroid Prime emerging to the surface soon, the team took another glance at Hydroids powers and what we could do in order to achieve ability synergy. Hydroid now brings barrages, surges, puddles, and tentacles into a deadly oceanic horror.
Feedback appreciated here:
General Hydroid Changes:
- Hydroid’s base Shield and Armor has received a buff!
- Shield is now 375 from 345.
- Armor is now 200 from 65.
- Tempest Barrage can be cast while in Undertow and will now hit enemies submerged in Undertow.
- Tempest Barrage can now be charged for longer Duration (more explosions) and more Damage for more Energy.
- Tidal Surge can be used to move around without cancelling Undertow (note that Tidal Surge speed – and hence distance – is halved when used in Undertow).
- Tidal Surge will now pull enemies along for the ride.
- Tidal Surge can be interrupted at any point by casting Undertow to go into your puddle, sinking enemies being pulled along.
- Hydroid can pull enemies into Undertow by aiming and clicking on them.
- Undertow can be cast while in air.
- Jump and roll will break Hydroid out of Undertow.
- Hydroid can now move while in Undertow at the expense of Energy.
- Submerged enemies in Undertow receive Damage Per Second, increasing every second they are submerged.
- Enemies that die will be released from Undertow instead of dragging their dead bodies along for the ride.
- Hold onto your ships, Tentacle Swarm has received a new look straight from the depths of the sea! Can you summon the Kraken?
- Tentacle Swarm can be charged to get more tentacles over a larger area for more Energy.
- Hydroid tentacles will now seek out nearby enemies and attempt to slam on top of them rather than just always flailing randomly and hoping they hit something.
- Tentacle Swarm will protrude from Hydroid’s Undertow if active when cast.
- Added Spring-Loaded Broadhead to the Conculyst drop table and buffed Mod drop rate to counteract the dilution (the rares are still the same chance but the uncommons are now slightly easier to get).
- Made improvements towards load-times.
- Adjusted the release time of charged throws for all thrown weapons in Dual-Wield mode to improve collision.
- Removed unused tint masks from a bunch of materials to make them render slightly faster.
- Improved the variety of cycled Sortie missions types.
- Removed the explosion delay from Javlok’s spear when thrown fully charged. Quick throw retains the delay to facilitate getting out of range before it detonates.
- The « Hacker » mission challenge (hack 1 console) will no longer appear if the mission has no consoles to hack. Additionally, it can no longer be rolled in Survival, Hijack, or Defection, because those mission types give you a console to hack for free at the beginning.
- Removed mission challenges from Junctions.
- Removed the « Stealth » mission challenge from missions where you’re not likely to be able to complete it:
- Will no longer be rolled for any Infestation mission
- Will no longer be rolled for the mission types: Defense, Survival, Interception, Excavation, Defection
- Will no longer be rolled for public matchmaking missions, since other players are likely to go loud and alert the enemies
- Removed the « Style Kill » challenge (get 5 kills while sliding) in Archwing missions.
- Fixed the « forget what you’re doing and kill everyone » objective randomly kicking in during Invasion missions (the faction you’re supporting probably isn’t going to be happy about paying you to kill their own troops…) as per: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/825733-invasion-capture-turned-exterminate-made-all-enemies-into-capture-targets/
- Fixed a potential script error with the Rifleman and Pistol Master mission challenges.
- Fixed Inaros’ passive breaking when having to revive.
- Fixed crates from Vor’s Prize unintentionally spitting out Void resources (e.g. Argon Crystal).
- Fixed Operator getting stuck in a t-pose after Void Dashing in The War Within quest.
- Fixed receiving the « Player has joined/left the game » notifications in every Chat tab.
- Fixed the Lunaro ball appearing in the Navigation screen after viewing Conclave loadout.
- Fixed an issue where various glow FXs wouldn’t appear to apply to attachments in certain cases, most notably on the Kavat’s head.
- Fixed white « Defense » health bar that can appear instead of the objective’s health due to high latency.
- Fixed players not being able to revive when their Sentinel uses Sacrifice.
- Fixed a script error that could occur if an enemy gets destroyed immediately in Hydroids Undertow (e.g. Infested Runners).
- Fixed several weapons using the incorrect model mesh when disarmed by a Drahk Master.
- Fixed Clients not being able to see the Arcata in Lunaro Captura Arsenal.
- Fixed Warframe Ability stats not being properly updated when using the Simulacrum Arsenal.
- Fixed some dead ends in the Corpus Gas City tileset being missing on the minimap.
- Fixed Syndicate Medallions (and perhaps other booty) spawning inside a wall in the Grineer Forest tileset.
- Fixed a case of taller enemies getting stuck under low hanging rocks in the Grineer Sealab tileset.
- Fixed a map hole in the Grineer Earth tileset and Lua Spy mission tileset.
- Fixed jumping off the map as Operator in the Corpus Outpost tileset killing you and then soft locking you if you try to switch to your Operator again.
- Fixed PhysX effects from Acid Shells not working on certain enemies.
- Fixed the Law of Retribution « arming tritium battery » UI stopping progressing if a player looks at the mission progress.
- Fixed a bug where low framerates could cause Clients to be unable to open the Arsenal in the Simulacrum/Captura.
- Fixed ‘Abilities’ option showing up in the top menu when playing as Operator (causes a script crash if selected).
- Fixed overlapping text in the Arsenal when Modding weapons with high damage numbers.
Conclave Additions, Changes & Fixes
- Added an ‘Alliance only’ matchmaking mode in Conclave.
- Removed Corrosive radial AoE from Scourge in Conclave.
- Scourge’s bullet attractor now lasts 3 seconds in Conclave.
- Increased the damage for all Bow’s charged shots in Conclave.
- Increased the damage for all Sniper Rifles (apart from Lanka) in Conclave.
- Increased the damage Castanas do on impact in Conclave.
- Increased the damage of Hydroid’s Tidal Surge in Conclave.
- Reduced the damage of the Tenora in Conclave.
- Reduced the damage of the Stradavar’s full auto mode in Conclave.
- Reduced the damage of the charged throw of Orvius in Conclave.
- Reduced the duration of Hydroid’s passive in Conclave.
- Reduced Energy drain of Hydroid’s Undertow in Conclave.
- Reduced the mobility of Hydroid in Conclave.
- Hydroid now loses Energy when shooting the center of Undertow in Conclave.
- Fixed the Castanas not doing damage when detonated while airborne in Conclave.
- Fixed Banshee’s Sonar in Team-based Conclave overriding team-markers, resulting in opponent team seeing red markers for each other.
Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.4.1
- Improved the ‘charge up’ indicator for Hydroid’s abilities.
- Maroo will patiently wait for the Stolen Dreams quest to be completed before she starts offering you weekly Ayatan Hunt missions.
- Fixed Hydroid’s Corroding Barrage Augment not applying to enemies in Undertow.
- Fixed Hydroid’s Curative Undertow Augment not healing the caster or any allies when the caster is a Client.
- Fixed duplicate Hydroid Undertow ripples.
- Fixed a crash from a Host Migration.
- Fixed a crash from Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm.
- Fixes towards Challenge title inconsistencies.
- Fixed Castanas, Talons and Ogris projectiles being destroyed in flight doing 4x damage with 2x radius in Conclave.
- Fixed edge-case HUD script error when re-spawning in Conclave.
Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.4.2
With Hydroid Revisited just over 24 hours old, the team has been reading collected constructive feedback. Below are just a few changes we wanted to get out in the wild before the weekend arrives. More Hydroid changes are in the works to be tested and polished over the weekend for deployment early next week.
Hydroid Changes & Fixes
- Improved the targeting of Hydroid’s Tempest Barrage liquid fury.
- Improved the cast FX detail on the Kraken spawned from Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm.
- Fixed Trinity’s Energy Vampire affecting Hydroid when in Undertow. This was never intended as channeled abilities do not benefit from Energy Vampire.
- Fixed Hydroid’s Undertow puddle doubling as a kiddie pool and allowing players to enter Archwing Submersible when jumping into it in certain cases as seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6svcil/apparently_you_can_force_archwing_mode_on_your/
- Fixed Hydroid’s Undertow allowing Atlas to spawn infinite Rumblers as seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6svjic/my_friend_and_i_were_testing_out_hydroids_rework/
- Fixed being unable to use the Captura camera menu while in Hydroid’s Undertow.
- Fixed Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm Kraken appearing lower for Clients.
- Fixed a rare issue of bad Undertow offsets occurring.
- Improved load times on 3-core systems.
- Optimized character lighting performance in the Earth Forest Defense tileset (among others).
- The mission voting screen in endless missions will now proceed immediately if the squad vote is unanimous.
- Removed periods from all Challenge descriptions to make them consistent.
- Fixed the HUD freezing when reviving yourself while a teammate was attempting to revive you.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors only creating 1 Lenz explosion instead of 3.
- Fixed mission loading screen Liset movement not accurately reflecting the movement of other squadmates.
- Fixed Javlok consuming ammo from throwing while having the Void Fissure Reactant Buff (infinite ammo).
- Fixed the Telos Boltace pull not working for Clients.
- Fixed black squares in place of certain walls/exits appearing in the Grineer Shipyard tileset.
- Fixed Relic selection screen popping up when going to a quest node through the World State Window if there’s a Void Fissure at that node.
- Fixed Baro K’Teer’s Inbox messages being sorted as if they were sent a long time ago.
- Fixed some Survival and Spy doors not displaying properly.
- Fixed Large Corpus Spy door frame lights remaining yellow after being hacked.
Conclave Changes & Fixes
- Increased the damage of the Snipetron in Conclave.
- Decreased the damage of the Snipetron Vandal in Conclave.
- Fixed trying to use Mesa’s Waltz Peacemaker Conclave Augment causing you to get locked out of doing anything until Energy runs out or you die in Conclave.
Protideus – Tenno à la retraite